Terms & Conditions
1.1. In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings save where the context otherwise requires:
1.1.1. “Agreed Pick-Up Point” the appointed place for You to be picked up by the driver as set out in the Details.
1.1.2. “Agreed Time” the appointed date and time for You to be picked up by the driver as set out in the Details.
1.1.3. “Booking” the booking of a Minicab effected via this Website for undertaking Trips. Bookings can be made for single Trips, return Trips or split Trips.
1.1.4. “Driver” the Private Hire Operator, Minibus or Coach company with whom You place the Booking.
1.1.5. “Suppliers T&C” the terms and conditions of the Supplier which in addition to these Terms govern the Booking and (Trip).
1.1.6. “Card” the credit, debit or charge card You use when making the Booking.
1.1.7. “Cash” the payment You make for the Fare to the Supplier and/or its driver.
1.1.8. “Bacs” the payment you make via a bank transfer for the Fare to the Supplier and/or its driver.
1.1.9. “Card Costs” are the charges due to the credit card companies used by You to pay for the Trip
1.1.10. “Details” the details which You must provide upon making a Booking including pick-up date and time, pick-up and drop-off addresses and Your Personal Data.
1.1.11. “Fare” the fee paid by You for the Quote You accept.
1.1.12. “Goods” any goods carried in a vehicle which are booked via this Website.
1.1.13. “Trip” the journey You wish to make from the pick-up address to the drop-off address provided by You.
1.1.14. “Licensing Authority” any regional or national licensing authority responsible for licensing the operation of taxi, minicab, minibus or coach companies.
1.1.15. “Particular Requirements” any specific requirements You may have relating to disabled facilities, the gender of the driver or otherwise.
1.1.16. “Passenger” any passenger carried in a Minicab which is booked via this Website.
1.1.17. “Personal Data” the details which You provide regarding Your physical and email addresses, telephone number and Card details.
1.1.18. “Quote” a fixed price quote that You receive via the Website for the Trip.
1.1.19. “Terms” these terms and conditions between Time Safe Travel and You.
1.1.20. “You” means the person who enters Details.
1.1.21. “Minicab” is a Private Hire Vehicle made available for pre-booked Trips, in compliance with the requirements of Glasgow City Council.
1.1.22. The clause headings and any other headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of these Terms.
2.1. If You book a taxi, minicab, minibus or coach via this website, You agree to the terms below as the exclusive basis which governs such booking by using and and making a booking via this website. If You are making a booking on behalf of someone else, You are representing that You have their authority to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf.
2.2. Deviations from these Terms are only valid if and to the extent that these are confirmed explicitly and in writing by Time Safe Travel.
2.3. Should any provision of these Terms be pronounced invalid or in violation of public order or law by a competent judge, then only the provision in question will be void, but the rest of these Terms will remain fully in effect. Instead of the invalid provision, a provision will apply that best approached the intention of the parties.
2.4. Time Safe Travel shall act as an agent on Driver’s behalf in establishing a contract between YOU and the Driver. Time Safe Travel will never become a party to a contract for the provision of transport service by Driver to You. The contract for the provision of the transport service is directly between You and the Driver. The Services shall only be offered in the name and for the account of the Driver at the prices and the conditions fixed by the Driver.
2.5. Where in the Booking You have selected more than one Driver to provide Your Trips, then the contract for the provision of the transport service relating to each Trip is directly between You and the respective Driver You have selected for that Trip in the Booking.
- USE OF WEBSITE
3.1. In making a Booking via this Website You must provide accurate Details and are responsible for any failure to do so.
3.2. You hereby warrant to Time Safe Travel and the Driver that You are at least eighteen years of age and legally able to make the Booking.
3.3. Time Safe Travel does not guarantee that it will be able to fulfil Your requirements and reserves the rights to refuse any Bookings which You wish to make and to cancel any Bookings You have made, and in such case to refund to You, in full and final settlement of any claims you might have, the Fee paid by You.
3.5. Time Safe Travel may send a small file to Your computer when You visit the Website. This “cookie” will enable Time Safe Travel to track Your behaviour on the Website and to identify particular areas of interest so as to enhance Your future visits to the Website. The cookie will not enable Time Safe Travel to identify You and Time Safe Travel shall not use it otherwise than in relation to this Website. You can set Your computer browser to reject cookies but this may preclude use of certain parts of this Website. Time Safe Travel may disclose Your Personal Data if compelled to do so by law, or at the request of a law enforcement agency or governmental authority.
4.1. When You enter the details of the Trip, Time Safe Travel will endeavour to provide You via the Website with Quotes that are able to fulfil Your requirement. The Quotes are the current special “one off” offers available from Drivers, which are only available at the time of making Your Booking.
4.2. It is Your responsibility to ensure that Your Details and Trip are correct and accurate by providing, but not limited to; a valid postcode, correct date and time for the journeys to take place, correct customer name, correct and valid email address and correct and valid mobile telephone number. If the Trip details are inaccurate and an invalid or no postcode is provided or an; incorrect; date, time, customer name, email address, telephone number provided you may incur additional charges and may not be due a refund, See 7.10. When You make a Booking, this constitutes an offer which Time Safe Travel may or may not accept.
4.3. In the event, you need to amend or correct a booking you must contact Time Safe Travel directly. If there is a price increase caused by any change you request to the Services that you have booked, you will be required to pay the difference in the price between the services originally booked by you, and the price of the new services you have requested. If there is a price decrease caused by any change you request to the Services that you have booked, you will be refunded the difference in the price between the services originally booked by you, and the price of the new services you have requested minus payment processing costs.
4.4. Any Booking You make may also be subject to the Drivers T&C, although where there is any conflict between the Drivers T&C and the Terms, the provisions contained in the Terms override those in the Driver T&C.
4.5. If the Driver wishes to impose the Driver T&C on You, it shall be responsible for achieving this.
4.6. Time Safe Travel cannot confirm the ability of the Driver to accommodate any Particular Requirements and in the event that You have such Particular Requirements You should not use this Website but instead make alternative travel arrangements that address your Particular Requirements.
4.7. Time Safe Travel reserves the right to correct typographical errors in any elements of the information that appears on the Website including pricing mistakes. If, once You are informed of such error, You wish to withdraw Your offer and do not wish to proceed with the purchase, You shall be free to do so and any monies already paid by You will be refunded in full.
4.8. You agree that in the fulfilment of the Booking, where the Driver feels it is appropriate, the Driver gives Time Safe Travel the right to novate the contract for the provision of transport services between You and the Driver to another suitable party, to ensure the fulfilment of the Booking as effected via this Website.
4.9. Time Safe Travel reserves the right to change the type of vehicle you have booked, to ensure the fulfilment of the Booking. With large vehicles subject to availability, in the event the Supplier is no longer able to provide their vehicle, Time Safe Travel will endeavour to ensure You are offered alternatives of a similar type and class.
5.1. When booking with the ‘Pay by Card’ option, You agree to pay the Fare at the time You make Your Booking. Time Safe Travel is entitled to collect all monies due for the booked Trip from You acting entirely and settle all Card Costs of the booked Trip on behalf of the Driver, in advance of making the payment due to the Driver for the booked Trip as the Driver agent.
5.2.When paying by Card you agree to Time Safe Travel using an authorisation token on your Card to allow us to charge your Card in event of any amendments to your Booking. Time Safe Travel will not store any of your Card details. In the event that Your Card payment is refused by Your Card issuer for whatever reason, Time Safe Travel will not be able to fulfil Your Booking.
5.3. When booking with the ‘Pay by Cash’ option, You agree to pay the Fare to the Supplier’s driver. When booking with the ‘BACS’ option, You agree to pay the Fare to the Supplier’s bank account. When booking with the ‘Credit Balance’ option, You agree to pay the Fare to Time Safe Travel nominated bank account.
5.4. Once You have confirmed Your Booking on the payment screen, it cannot be cancelled or changed except in accordance with clause 7 of these Terms.
5.4. If paying by Card, in the event that Your Card payment is refused by Your Card issuer for whatever reason, Time Safe Travel will not be able to fulfil Your Booking.
5.5. Time Safe Travel will provide You with a receipt for Payment by email to the email address you registered with the Booking.
5.6. Payment will not cover any extra requirements you request. If you do not indicate any additional luggage when booking, resulting in a larger size vehicle being required, then the Driver may charge you extra, which you must pay them directly for. If You wish to give a tip to the MiniCab driver, You should do so directly at your own discretion.
5.7. In the event that You make any deviations from the route that You entered into the Website, You may be subject to additional charges by the Driver in respect thereof and will make such payment directly to the Driver.
5.8. Time Safe Travel offer no warranties on payments made direct to the Driver with Cash or Bacs.
6.1. Neither Time Safe Travel nor the Driver is responsible to You for, or insured in respect of, any damage or loss that may be sustained by the Goods in the course of a Trip and it is Your exclusive responsibility to have such Goods insured in respect of such damage or loss.
- Cancellations must be made by you using the CONTACT US form, via EMAIL or Whatsapp or SMS Text Message. You will be entitled to a refund, depending on when you cancel your Booking, as follows: (i) If you cancel your booking more than 48 hours prior to the Journey date in your Booking, you will be entitled to a refund equivalent to 95% of the value of your booking, this is due to payment processing costs, unfortunately we have no control over this. (ii) If you cancel your booking between 48 hours to 24 hours prior to the Journey date in your Booking, you will be entitled to a refund equivalent to 50% of the value of your booking. (iii) If you cancel your booking on the same day or the day (less than 24 Twenty Four hours) before to the Journey date in your Booking, you will not be entitled to any refund. In the event you cancel your booking directly with the transport provider, we will email you asking you to confirm your cancellation. You will need to confirm your cancellation using the links sent to you in the email.
- Customer(s) who paid a deposit will be refunded or charged depending on the amount due as per condition 1.
- At Our discretion, a cancellation charge may be waived on the basis that You re-book within 24 (Twenty Four) hours. Only once the Journey is re-booked, the cancellation charge can be waived. However, Time Safe Travel reserves the right to refuse a cancellation refund at any time.
- In the event that the Driver does not turn up at the Agreed Pick-Up Point within 15 minutes of the Agreed Time – or within 45 minutes if the Agreed Pick-up Point is an airport – and You do not use the Driver for the Trip, You will be entitled to a 95% refund of the Fare, if you paid them in advance by Card, as full and final settlement of any claim You might have in respect of such failure. However should You, at Your own discretion, decide to continue with the Trip where the Driver turns up after 15 minutes from the Agreed time, then you will not be entitled to any such refund.
- In the event that You are not available at the Agreed Pick-Up Point within 10 minutes of the Agreed Time, or 45 minutes if the Agreed Pick-Up Point is an Airport, Your non-availability will be treated as a cancellation, and You will not be entitled to any refund of the Fare , and any Card Costs that you may have paid in advance. Where the Driver decides to wait more than 15 minutes from the Agreed Time, then You may be subject to additional charges by the Driver in respect of any additional waiting time and/or parking charges and will make such payment directly to the Driver, before the journey commences. These charges are £5 per 15 minutes of extra waiting time.
- In the event that you do not wish to use the Services for any reason and do not cancel the Booking using the website or by contacting Time Safe Travel, no refunds will be provided.
- In the event that you wish to cancel a return leg of your journey, you will not be entitled to any refund.
8. For pre-paid Bookings, any refunds due to you to for cancellations or complaints will be made to the card used to make the payment within up to 5 business days (business days being Monday to Friday).
- Customers with credit accounts or account balances will be exempt from cancellation charges.
- In the event of a Booking cancellation or no show by a Driver, you must contact Time Safe Travel within 24 hours to issue your refund.
- In the event that You provide inaccurate details including but not limited to an invalid or missing; postcode, customer name, email address, telephone number, flight number you will not be entitled any refund and may incur additional charges from the Driver in order to complete the Trip.
- WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
8.1. You acknowledge and accept that Time Safe Travel is acting as the agent of the Driver and that whilst Time Safe Travel will try to assist with any complaints You may have in respect of the Driver services, any legal remedy You seek will be sought against the Driver not Time Safe Travel.
8.2. The Driver has warranted to Time Safe Travel that it is licensed by the appropriate Licensing Authority(ies) but Time Safe Travel shall not be responsible for verification of such warranty and if You are in any doubt, You should contact the Private Hire Operator and rely on Your own verification.
8.3. Time Safe Travel shall not be liable for any delays in pick-up or drop-off times or for any failure of the Driver to arrive at all or for any failure of the Driver to provide its services in accordance with Your requirements or expectations.
8.4. Time Safe Travel shall not in any event be liable (whether in contract or otherwise) for any indirect loss or consequential loss or loss of revenue, howsoever arising, suffered by You in connection with any failure by the Driver or otherwise in connection with these Terms or otherwise and if You consider that You have any claim in respect of any failure by the Driver You agree to make such claim directly against the Driver.
8.5. Time Safe Travel aggregate liability in respect of these Terms and any matter arising out of it (including claims whether made in contract or tort) shall be limited to £0.
8.6. Subject as expressly provided in these Terms all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded as far as legally possible.
8.7. Nothing in this clause shall operate so as to exclude any rights You may have under consumer legislation or limit the Driver liability for death or personal injury arising out of its negligence.
8.8. Any estimated trip times and times of arrival presented by Time Safe Travel on its Public website or otherwise, are only to be taken as indicative, and are not subject to traffic and/or weather conditions and final route taken by driver. Therefore, You agree that You are responsible for setting an appropriate Agreed Time that allows You sufficient time to reach Your destination to subsequently check-in for a flight, take a train or fulfil any other dependencies You might have.
8.9. Time Safe Travel may keep You informed of the status of your Booking by sending You email, and SMS text alerts, although Time Safe Travel does not guarantee the delivery nor the timing of these email and SMS text alerts, and shall not in any event be liable (whether in contract or otherwise) for any indirect loss or consequential loss or loss of revenue, howsoever arising from the omission or delay of such email and SMS text alerts.
8.10. Each foregoing sub-clause of this clause shall constitute a separate and severable provision. The provisions of this clause shall continue in effect notwithstanding the termination, completion or any other matter which might otherwise cause these Terms to become ineffective.
9.1. The Driver reserves the right within its reasonable discretion to terminate the Trip, if You or Your party’s conduct or behaviour is disruptive in any way and/or affects your safety or that of the driver of the vehicle. Neither Time Safe Travel nor the Driver accepts liability for any extra costs incurred by You/or Your party as a result of the Driver doing so.
9.2. Passengers are not permitted to take alcoholic drinks onto the vehicles for the purpose of consuming them during the Trip.
9.3. The Driver further reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
10.1. The Driver shall not undertake the carriage or delivery of:
- money or securities, antiques, precious metals, furs, or jewellery or value, any goods or property (of whatsoever nature) of an intrinsic value of more than £50.
- any goods or property of a hazardous, dangerous, inflammable, explosive or noxious nature, or are illegal to possess under existing United Kingdom Law, and/or
- any goods or property (of whatsoever nature) which may deteriorate in transit.
10.2. The Driver shall have no liability whatsoever for loss or damage, however arising in relation to the clause 10.1 of this agreement.
10.3. Without prejudice to the provisions of clause 10.1 the Driver shall not in any event be liable directly or indirectly for:
- consequential loss (whether for loss or profit or otherwise); and/or
- loss, damage and/or breakage to any fragile items whatsoever whether arising from the acts, omissions or negligence of the Driver and/or its employees and/or agents or arising otherwise howsoever.
10.4. Without prejudice to the generality of clauses 10.1 and 10.2 in particular the Driver shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage arising directly or indirectly from:
- breakdown, accident, adverse weather conditions
- any act or omission on the part of the Customer.
- any clause, act or circumstance beyond the control of the Driver (including, without limitation, any strike, (official or not) lock-out or other form of industrial action or labour dispute, governmental regulations, legal restrictions, embargoes, fire, flood, Act of God, any consequence of riot, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, acts of terrorism, rebellion, military or usurped power, confiscation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or upon the order of or in the name of any Government or public local authority, or other conditions amounting to force majeure).
10.5. The provision of clauses 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 and 11.1 apply to liability for loss or damage to goods or property and do not apply to liability for death or personal injury.
10.6 – By using the website you agree that use of the site is non-exclusive.
10.7 – Every time a booking is generated, you agree at the date and time of the booking, that the terms & Conditions take precedence over any previous agreements or your own terms and conditions.
11.1. If You have any complaint in respect of the service provided by the Driver, You agree to first contact the Driver directly (by the phone or email) to resolve this with them within 24 hours of the Agreed Time.
11.2. If you are subsequently unable to resolve your complaint with the Driver, you agree to notify Time Safe Travel thereof via the form on the Contact Us page or by email within 12 hours of the Agreed Time. In the event that You fail to do so, any claim You might otherwise have shall be invalidated.
11.3. If Time Safe Travel is then unable to resolve any claim You may have in respect of the service provided by the Supplier to the mutual satisfaction of You and the Driver, Time Safe Travel shall be entitled to submit such claim to the determination of an independent third party selected by Time Safe Travel and You agree to be bound by the decision of such third party.
13.1. You warrant that You have not relied on any representation made by Time Safe Travel in entering into the agreement with the Driver.
13.2. Failure by either party at any time to enforce any right claim or provision of these Terms or arising hereunder shall not be construed as a waiver of such right, claim or provision.
13.3. All notices to Time Safe Travel shall be given by You in writing to.
13.4. All notices to You shall be given in writing to the email address You have provided as part of the Details. All notices may be served by email and shall be deemed to have been given 1 hour after transmission thereof.
13.5. European law applies to all transactions for which these Terms apply, with the exclusion of the provisions of international treaties, to the extent these do not contain imperative law.